Today is John’s 30th birthday and for the life of me, I can’t figure out how he/we have gotten so old!! When we first met, I was only 19 and he was newly 21. In some ways this new birthday is scary to me (though John doesn’t seem to be phased at all) because I’m realizing that being young doesn’t last forever and it’s hard for me to imagine a life one day without him in it.
Today to honor 30 years of my best friend’s life, I wanted to share 30 of the reasons I love him so much!
I love John because:
- He’s always kind to everyone he meets
- His laugh is the best. It always makes me laugh or feel proud to have made him laugh
- He cooks me healthy meals and packs up the leftovers so I’ll have lunch to eat
- He loves Lucy like she was really his daughter. So cute!
- And he scoops her poops! I rest easy knowing he is comfortable with poop…an admirable trait to look for in someone you want to make babies with one day.
- He drives me to weddings so I can nap on the way.
- He taught me how to lift weights
- He isn’t embarrassed easily
- He’s a really good photographer
- He also has a really cute butt
- His snapchats are mostly hilarious and entertaining
- He is very dedicated to making his goals happen
- He’s humble
- He lets me eat all of the french fries
- He’s always willing to try something new
- He’s a good friend who is always willing to help someone in need
- He gives the best hugs
- He never holds a grudge
- I love the way he smells
- He randomly says hilarious things all the time
- He never judges me for anything that I say or do, no matter how weird
- He’s very easygoing
- He could make friends with anyone
- He’s comfortable with himself and likes what he likes (Taylor Swift, for example)
- He has always supported me in anything I wanted to do or try
- He’s very strong! He could probably lift me AND a hundred Lucys! Ok maybe not 100…she’s pretty chubby. Seriously though, he always carries my stuff for me 🙂
- He lets me pick what we eat for dinner 99.9 percent of the time
- He never fails to calm my anxiety
- He doesn’t care what other people think. I on the other hand, get too wrapped up in this, so it’s nice to have someone balance me out!
- He’s honest.
When I think back over the memories we have made together over the past 8 of John’s birthdays we’ve celebrated together (from the chocolate cake I first baked him!) I can’t believe the time has gone by so quickly. But I also get excited about all of the memories that are yet to be made, just waiting for us to discover them! What kind of adventures will we have together in John’s next 30 years?? I can’t wait to find out!