Oh gosh. When I think about the fact that part of me STILL thinks it’s 2012, it just doesn’t compute with me that a MONTH has passed into 2013. Seriously, an ENTIRE MONTH has gone by already!!! I thought this past month was going to be slow, but it wasn’t! Life still really hasn’t slowed down to an “off season” pace, but I like being busy, so it’s been great!
- This has been THE month for brides (and some grooms!) to inquire and book their wedding photography! It’s been so great to chat with so many different couples about their weddings! I am also so excited to have booked my very first same sex wedding this past month!! The best part is, Maryland legalized same sex marriages last year, so this wedding will be 100 percent legal. I am so ready for Virginia to hop on the bandwagon too!
- Since I’ve been meeting a lot of potential couples in Richmond or Williamsburg, I have had the chance to spend a lot more time with my photographer friends! I’ve been trying to set up lunches or coffee dates with them when I’m already in their vicinity and it’s been a ton of fun to spend time with this group of encouraging people!
- EATING HEALTHY. I have been making small changes to the way that I eat and adding in more veggies and taking out as many chemical laden processed foods as I can. I still eat doritos and french fries, but I’m trying to put in more good things too. I’ve noticed that since I started I actually crave smoothies and fresh veggies (especially sauteed Brussels sprouts…DA BOMB)
- SNOW. It snowed this month!!! I love a good snow day, but I’m also really happy with the 60/70 degree temps we’ve had this week. I can’t wait for spring!
What’s next in February:
- I decided today, this is going to be my month to buckle down and finally get a lot of my off season projects going. I’m planning to just schedule time to sit down and actually READ a couple of business books, submit the last few weddings I wanted to submit from 2012, and begin preparing myself for the 2013 season.
- Valentine’s Day! I’m mostly excited about this one because we’ve been too busy and haven’t had a real date night in weeks. I can’t wait to GO OUT OF THE HOUSE and go on a real date where we spend time talking about whatever we want instead of business/finances/chores/etc. Maybe we’ll even dress up!
- GTL. Okay maybe just gym and laundry…but I’m finally going to redeem a Groupon I bought a while back for a month’s membership at a local gym. I’m looking forward to adding some variety to my exercise routine and getting out and challenging myself to work out consistently!
- SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! Crossing my fingers for a RAVENS VICTORY!!!! Will you guys be watching?