It’s a new month and I’m ready to try out something new…namely a new series here on the blog! Over the years I’ve had a few different blog series, but it’s been a while since I’ve started a new one. My hope for this new series is that I’ll be able to keep myself accountable and on track through the rest of the year (and possibly beyond). What I’ve found though other experiences (like running my marathon a few years ago) is that publicly stating them helps with getting them done.
The idea behind “monthly meetings” is sitting down once a month the same way any other type of company to take stock of how I’m doing and what I’d like to do in the future. I’m hoping this will be a good tool for me going forward and I’m excited to have you guys follow along!
With that being said, I am excited about this month because things are starting to get busier for me again, and I LOVE being busy. We’ve got a fun trip planned at the end of the month, we’re MOVING (!!!), and engagement session season is ramping up as well. I’ve missed shooting, so I am especially happy about the last one. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather continues to be beautiful!
Here are a few business goals I’ve got for myself this month:
– Blog 3 times a week
– Finish submitting the remainder of my 2016 work
– Finish reading “Everybody Writes” and blog about it
– Finalize tax preparation for 2016 taxes
– Work on putting together a list of bigger goals for the business
– Take some stock photos for future use in blog posts and on social media
Some personal goals:
– PR my deadlifts. I’m getting SOOO close to my goal of 230 by July (I previously set a goal to be able to deadlift 2x my body weight by my next birthday). I’m not going to put pressure on myself to hit 230 next month, but I do want to surpass my last PR of 210!
– Have the new place unpacked within two weeks of moving in. One of the big reasons we are moving this month is because moving last year during wedding season was really stressful. I’d like to get settled before things start getting busy again!
– Eat at home 3-4 nights a week. We’ll see how this goes. I haven’t been cooking much, and with moving it might be a bit difficult, but I’m going to set it as my intention to eat at home a bit more and hopefully it will happen!
This month I am excited for:
– Our trip to Charleston at the end of the month
– Moving into our new apartment!
– Engagement session season beginning again
– Warmer weather (fingers crossed)
As we move into March (and hopefully the official start of Spring) I am hoping for a really productive, exciting month! It’s already shaping up to be packed full of good things, and I’m so excited about that. Hope you all have a great March as well!