I thought November might be the month that things finally started to slow down a little…my last wedding was on the third and I guess I just assumed it would be smooth sailing from there. Um, wrong! November was just as crazy as October…but I’m learning to roll with it and love it. This month I also experimented with TAKING DAYS OFF and setting office hours for myself. This is so hard because not only do I work from home, but we live in such a digital age it’s easy to stay plugged in to everything all the time. Sometimes I think smart phones are the worst invention…but then again I could never give up my iphone….how would I play GEMS WITH FRIENDS (my new obsession)???
- Engagement session season! It was so much fun hanging out and getting to know some of my 2013 couples. They are all such a blast, I know 2013 is going to be an awesome year!
- Starting a new (small!) endeavor. At some point I announced in one of the photography Facebook groups I’m in that I want to start designing stationary and small things specifically for photographers. I spent a lot of time putting together my own print releases, thank you notes, and my crown jewel (haha), my pricing guide! So far I’ve wrapped up one project, and I am so excited to start a few more in the coming weeks!!
- Travel! So many miles on my car right now. I looked at the trip odometer yesterday and realized it hasn’t been reset for 5,000 miles. Yikes. One of the things I’m most thankful for about my job is that I get to get out and see the beautiful state we live in on a regular basis! Within just a few days I was at the oceanfront at sunrise, then driving through the mountains pointing out all of the cows. (Sidenote: I never knew that you could not milk cows unless they were calving. Until yesterday. Haha. Thank you Jill for enlightening me!)
What I’m looking forward to in December:
- Christmas! DUH. I am not actually a big fan of holidays, but I love the Christmas season in general. I like eating, and giving gifts, and decorating with pretty lights and ornaments. I seriously get a weird rush from buying and wrapping Christmas gifts. And watching Christmas movies is just the best way to spend an afternoon! I’m also really excited for my Christmas minis! TOMORROW!
- Time off. John gets a week off over Christmas. Past years when I worked a corporate job, I had to work at least some of the time he was off. This year I’m going to pre-blog a weeks worth of stuff and take a vacation! Okay a staycation. HARRY POTTER MARATHON TIME.