There are only FIVE more months in 2012…how unreal! July kind of flew by for us. Even though I took a little bit of a break from shooting, I still felt like I was as busy as ever. It’s funny how there’s always more and more to do.
- My birthday! We celebrated my birthday ON my birthday since it was actually on a Saturday and I didn’t have a wedding to shoot. Our cousin and his girlfriend came to visit and we showed them around a little bit. I also enjoyed my first ever beermosa…which was delicious, if you were curious.
- My first boudoir marathon…I decided I love boudoir photography. So. much. gorgeousness.
- The Dark Knight Rises!! I decided to add this as a highlight because it was AWESOME!! It totally exceeded all of my expectations and I think it was the best film of the trilogy. A lot of people will probably disagree, but I liked it even better than The Dark Knight.
- Also pictured below: I failed at a detox diet, enjoyed a free slurpee, and spent the Fourth of July embroidering. That’s how I roll.
What’s next for August
- We’re moving! Just across town to a new apartment…but our new place will have a dedicated (albeit small) office space for me. Right now I work in our second bedroom (guest room/John’s workout room/office). I really wanted to be able to separate my work from the rest of that since I work from home now and this apartment is PERFECT for that. I also have tons of ideas on how I want to decorate and I’m really excited to start a series of decor posts. You might know this but I used to have a (terrible) blog about all my decor ideas back in the day. Can’t wait to share more ideas here!
- John turns 27. Awwww. We also celebrate the fourth anniversary of when we got Lucy, our cat.
- Creating and ordering a sample album. I mean it this time. I’ve been procrastinating for so long on this one, I just need to get it taken care of!
- Drinking lots more water. I am really not a water drinker, but it’s summer and I have been getting lots of headaches and I think it has a lot to do with my (lack of) water consumption. My mom was nice enough to give us a Brita pitcher so hopefully I will get a lot of use out of that.
- Speaking of my mom, my parents will be celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary this year!! Yay!!!
What are you looking forward to in August? Anything exciting? Feel free to share in the comments:)