I never intended to take a break from blogging, but over the past couple of months, sadly my blogging has gone from 3-4 times a week (which was still down from the previous 5 day a week schedule I kept to for a long time!) to only when I had new work to share. It wasn’t like I ever made a conscious decision to stop, but somewhere along the line I started feeling like I wanted to separate my personal life from my business, at least a little more clearly than I had in the past. I also felt like I had a lot less to say and not as much to share.
The truth is, I’ve been going through a difficult season in my personal life and stepping back from the blog has helped me while I’m getting through things. This season has also made me re-evaluate what’s most important in my business at this particular time, and blogging is not at the top of the list. Taking care of our clients is. Staying at the top of my game with my photos and moving forward with my business goals is. But blogging? Turns out it may not be as important as I thought it was, and I feel like that’s totally okay.
Why am I telling you guys this? Or even blogging about this at all if it’s true that blogging isn’t necessarily that important anymore? I think I felt like it was important to acknowledge that I’ve stepped back a little bit…at least for the people who have been kind enough to keep up with me over the past (almost) five years! I also thought it was important to share with people that it’s okay to change your priorities and shift your focus within your business. I’m learning that businesses go through different seasons just as we do in our regular lives and that from time to time you’ll change your focus. Life is about adapting and if there’s one thing that’s for sure, change is one of our main constants.
So what’s new with us?
- John’s been recovering from surgery. We were lucky enough to have several amazing photographer friends step in to cover for him while he was unable to shoot this Spring!
- We moved! Just across town, but you’d think we moved across country for as much work as it took. Ha!!
- I’m blogging about food and personal adventures in a separate space. My dream is to get food for free thanks to the blog someday 😉
- Our 2017 calendar is filling up! We are excited to be working with some really fun couples next year…I think it’s going to be a good season! I still have some spots available so shoot me a message if you’re interested in working with us!
- I’m planning a fun project for photographers this Fall. Hoping to announce concrete details soon!
All that being said, I do miss blogging here. This blog has been like a home for me for the past five years and I plan to blog a little bit more frequently going forward. Thank you so much for sticking with me over the past few months and for following along all this time 🙂