Whether or not you have a friend or family member who’s a professional photographer, we all most likely know someone who’s really into taking photos! This little gift guide is to help you shop for that person. All of these things are either things I own or have picked out as what I think would be awesome gifts:)
1. Instax Smartphone Printer. I have an Instax mini and love it! The little polaroid type prints are so much fun, so I can only imagine the possibilities with the Smartphone printer. I can even see this as a fun option for a casual Photo Booth at a wedding or a party!
2. Artifact Uprising gift card. It’s so important to remember to print out and enjoy your photos! Artifact Uprising is one of my favorite sites that anyone can order photo products from (not just pro photogs) and they have a great selection of books you can make of your Instagrams directly from your phone! I think an AU gift card would be a really cool gift for anyone who’s into photos!
3. Wireless remote. John and I have a wireless remote that we use with a mini travel tripod to take photos together with my 5D Mark III when we’re traveling by ourselves. It’s more reliable than asking a random passerby to take a photo with my camera (they usually can’t figure out how to focus it…whoops!) and is so tiny and easy to travel with. This would make a great gift for that person who’s always behind the camera but never in the group shots! This one from Amazon works with almost every type of Canon camera out there right now!
4. Selfie stick. I had to add this. I had to! I know that selfie sticks are SO cheesy and so many people hate them, but I bought John one for his birthday this year and I have to admit that I really love it. I don’t think selfie sticks are just for narcissists or Kardashians…they’re for anyone who likes to take photos with their phone when they travel and just wants to get a bit more scenery in the images! Nothing wrong with that! Selfie sticks are great stocking stuffers!
5. Instax Multi Picture Frame. This kind of goes along with number 1, but I’m really into this frame for Instax prints right now! It’s the perfect way to memorialize some of your favorite Instax moments and enjoy them every day.
6. Wooden Camera Tape Dispenser. I’m not a huge fan of camera themed trinkets, but this little vintage inspired tape dispenser is really adorable and has a practical use too! It would be great in a photographer or photo lover’s office!
7. Lens Pen One (or two) of these should be in anyone’s camera bag! I have one that I carry on wedding days and I love it. It’s super portable and cleans your lenses really easily without scratching them. I have used it to clean my iPhone screen too!
8. ONA Bowery Bag. A bigger camera bag might be too much of an investment for a Christmas gift on a lot of people’s budgets, but this small bag would make a great gift! I have one myself and I love it! It’s perfect for day trips and excursions. I use it for sightseeing when I travel because I don’t love carrying a huge, heavy bag around all day. This bag has plenty of room for a DSLR or mirrorless camera and wallet, phone, keys, etc! You can read my full review here.
9. Massage gift card. Well, this would really be a great gift for almost anyone, but I think particularly professional photographers would benefit greatly from a massage! We carry around heavy bags and gear for 8-10 hours at a time on busy wedding days and our shoulders are TIRED. I think this would be a lovely gift for the photographer in your life!
That’s my roundup of gift ideas! Hope this helps you choose something nice for the photographer or photo lover in your life!