I don’t know how this year went by so quickly! It’s hard to believe that it’s November and that soon we’ll not only be closing out another year, but another DECADE as well.
I started this monthly series earlier in the year but (obviously) did a terrible job keeping it up! Since my wedding season has slowed down considerably, I’ve got more time to spend on blogging, so I thought I’d catch you guys up on some of the highlights from the past 7-8 months!
- I ran my third marathon!
- I traveled to New York City for St Patrick’s Day weekend and ran the NYC Half Marathon
- I was on a TV commercial! (A friend of mine asked me to participate in a commercial for Optima Health…I was actually running in the commercial. Are you sensing a theme here?? Ha!!!)
- I visited the National Portrait Museum and saw the Obamas portraits!
- My boyfriend ran a 24 hour ultra marathon and I managed his “pit crew”. He ran 90 miles and won an award for best first time ultra!
- Lots of grilling, beach days, beer fests, and fun things!
- I helped host a baby shower for one of my best friends
- I traveled to New York to photograph my first wedding in New York state!
- Said goodbye to one of my favorite families as they moved away to Japan
- Celebrated my 32nd birthday!
- My best friend’s baby girl was born…minutes before my birthday!
- Got my first bike (at least as an adult…) as a birthday gift from my boyfriend…we named him Ferdinand!
- Visited Austin for the first time
- Began training for my 4th marathon!
- Went to Georgia on my boyfriend’s family vacation. And got to go to Ruby Falls!
- Began busy wedding season! My first one also marathon training. It was a pretty wild couple of months!
- Helped host another baby shower…you could say I’m a pro now 😉
- Officiated a wedding! My friend got married and I got a permit to be a marriage commissioner for a day.
- Dressed up as Mark Sanchez with my favorite Jets fan for Halloween
What I’m looking forward to in November/December
- Visiting Denver, CO for the first time
- Running my fourth marathon
- Thanksgiving in New York!
- Celebrating Christmas
- My last wedding of the year!
That’s all I’ve got right now! Thanks for taking the time to check out my recap of my year so far. Hopefully there won’t be quite as much time before my next check in!