I don’t know about you, but it seemed to me like March was not only the longest month ever, but that it also flew by in the blink of an eye! At the beginning of this past month I was carefully packing all of our things to move, and now we are pretty much settled in AND we’ve been on an adventure to Charleston…plus, I’m half blonde now…many other things have happened too!
I have a sneaking suspicion that April is going to fly by just as quickly as March…we’ve nearly made it through the first week already!
Here’s how I did with my March Business Goals:
Blog 3 times a week – I kept up with my blogging 2-3 days a week! This is still down from my goal of years past of blogging every day, but I think my content is stronger when I’m not forcing myself to post every day.
Finish submitting the remainder of my 2016 work – I’m about 75 percent of the way finished!
Finish reading “Everybody Writes” and blog about it – Whoops…I blame moving for not finishing this book. It’s probably tucked away somewhere just waiting for me to return!
Finalize tax preparation for 2016 taxes – Done! Whew, what a relief to have this finished!
Work on putting together a list of bigger goals for the business – Between moving and everything else, I didn’t really have a chance to work on this, but I did decide to bring one goal I’ve had for a long time to fruition…you can read about it here!!
Take some stock photos for future use in blog posts and on social media – I’ve gotten a few done, but I’d like to work on more. I’m planning to set aside a full day for this.
Here are my April business goals:
- Once a week pre-Blog a week’s worth of content a week in advance
- Finish planning and prepping (and HOST!) the very first Styled Experience
- Finish reading “Everybody Writes” and blog about it.
- Stock photo day for blog and social media images
- Research a few new ideas for client gifts
- Send my camera to be cleaned
Last month’s personal goals:
PR my deadlifts – DONE!! I pulled 230 last week and it was really a highlight of the month! I also squatted 185!
Have the new place unpacked within two weeks of moving. This went really well thanks to the help of my parents and lots of pre-move organization!
Eat at home 3-4 nights a week. We’ve probably eaten at home 5-6 nights a week….and I’m loving it!
April’s personal goals:
- CLIMB THE ROPE…at the Spartan Race on Saturday. Last year, at my first race, I got almost to the top of the darn rope before failing and having to do the most pathetic, sad burpees as my penalty. This year, I’m gonna make it up, I just know it!
- Schedule at least one date night/day with John where we don’t use our phones. We spend a decent amount of time together, but we’re both bad about being on our phones, which makes the time not as quality as it could be.
- Read one novel for fun. I’ve been trying to read The Devil Wears Prada, but it doesn’t have the magic that the movie does (at least, in my opinion…) what’s another fun, light read I could pick up while I’m traveling this month?
- Stay healthy while traveling. Hit me with all your immune system secrets!! I’m traveling next week and I’ll be running my Spartan this weekend and I’d like to stay as healthy as possible!
This month I am excited for:
- Starting my 2017 wedding season!
- Running my second Spartan Sprint
- California, especially San Francisco
- The first season of adult kickball for John and me!
I hope this month is a good one! It’s been great so far, and there are lots of fun and exciting things on the calendar, so I’m pumped about that! Hope you April is fantastic!