I know I have been absent from the blog so much more than usual lately and I’m so sorry about that! Who knew that shooting so many weddings the past few weeks would mean so much more office time than usual? That’s definitely something I didn’t anticipate when I first started photography. I really enjoy behind the scenes stuff like marketing, editing, emailing clients, etc though so it works out well! Now if I could only not have to pay taxes;) Kidding!
With the past month or so being so hectic, I’ve come to rely on a few new favorite things to make my life easier/add enjoyment. Here are a few of them!
1. Ludens throat drops. I have really bad spring allergies and it just so happens that my job requires me to be outdoors often…especially in the spring/early summer! I have been seeing an allergist for some long term solutions but these Ludens drops are pretty much a lifesaver! Allergy meds make my mouth super dry so I’ll pop a Ludens to help with that. Or if my throat gets scratchy I’ll eat one to keep from coughing a lot. They also taste great, which is a bonus!
2. Pandora comedy channels. It wasn’t until a few weeks ago when my friend Jen told me about these that I even knew Pandora had comedy channels! I have really been loving the Aziz Ansari channel. John and I listen to it together on our way to out of town weddings. It makes the car rides go by so much faster!
3. Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy. I actually prefer the Fall/Winter Lemon Berry Shandy to the Summer Shandy, but the Summer Shandy is so so good. I’ve made it to my pool twice since it opened and I snuck these in both times:) If you aren’t familiar with the Summer Shandy, it’s basically a beer and lemonade mixed together. It’s perfectly refreshing for a hot day at the beach or to enjoy at a cookout:)
4. Target Bali sunrise soy candles. I used to be a huge fan of the Bath and Body Works candles, but since they aren’t soy candles, I would get headaches a lot when I was burning them. I found out Target sells these awesome soy candles now in a bunch of awesome scents! Maybe they have been selling them a while, but I just found them a week or two ago! My favorite is the Bali Sunrise. It has kind of a fruity undertone that I really love! A few people have said it reminds them of a popular Anthro candle, but I have never bought a candle from Anthropologie so I’m not sure!
5. JCrew chino shorts. I feel like I’m getting to that age where I’m really in between two different stages of style. I still own and wear a lot of stuff I’ve been wearing since I was 18…but that was seven years ago and I’m starting to want to dress more like a grown up! I’ve noticed that a lot of my old shorts just feel too short now. A month or so back I wandered into the Jcrew outlet while they were offering 50 percent off EVERYTHING. I snatched up four different colors of their 3 inch chino short and I’m so obsessed with them! They are the PERFECT length for me, they come in lots of great colors, fit well, and they aren’t as low rise as I was wearing seven years ago…haha.
6. Coconut Chocolate Chip Clif bars. These are the perfect wedding day snack! I’ve found that I work best on a moderate sized breakfast and then one or two Clif bars in between breakfast and dinner for energy. Sometimes we go 8 hours or so in between meals, so we need something substantial like Clif bars! I love the Coconut Chocolate Chip flavor because they remind me of my favorite Girl Scout cookies..Samoas!! Seriously they are so good!
7. Essie polishes. I’m always obsessed with these, but my recent favorite colors are: Bikini So Teeny, Cute as a Button, and Butter Please. Also, if you’re looking for a great top coat to try, Seche Vite is the best!! Dries fast and is super shiny!
So those are just a few of the things I’ve really been loving lately! What have you guys been obsessing over? Leave a comment with something you have been loving and I will pick one person and send them a Target Bali Sunrise candle!!